BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 30, 2007

Miss you Dad

Well today is four years since Dad lost his fight with cancer and I still miss him heaps.

I will see something or be doing something and think "Oh Dad you would love this". He was such a proud Pop to Kyle and Tasha and would be bursting with pride with Kyle's school accomplishments. I feel so sad that my kids wont know the special man he was. They never got to meet Tony's Dad and then they lost Tony's Mum and my Dad in a very short period of time. I know he spoilt the kids rotten but he also loved them dearly and would brag about them all the time.

I just hope Dad knew how much I loved him and just how special he was. He put up such a good fight lasting 2 1/2 years after his diagnosis (when the doctors gave him 6 weeks) but when he died he was a shadow of the man he had been.

Love you Dad and miss you more than I can say. I wish I could speak to you just one more time to let you know how much I love you and miss you.

XXXXX Love your little girl

7 comments:

miss~nance said...

(((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Gail

Anonymous said...

For what it is worth Cath..xxx my heart goes out to you xx more then you would realise today xx but it is good that you can express your love of your DAD this way xxx

Hugs xx

Lea Adcock said...

hugs to you.
Dad's are special and I totally dread the day.
But I do miss my Nana who passed away 4 years ago. Her eyes would light up when she would see my son Hayden her great grandson. I wished she'd stayed to see my second son as she'd love them so much. She had such a huge heart.

I am sure your Dad can read your heart and know how you are feeling. Perhaps wishes he could ease your worries. I am sure he smiles down at you and your family and is proud of you. You'll always miss them like it was yesterday.

mwah to you.

Lea xx

Maria Van-Oss said...

I know where you are coming from Cath as we lost my Uncle in this way too. I am planning something that oyu may be interested in so keep your eyes on Blumar's for more details. Hugs Maria

Belinda Joynes Artist said...

So sorry about the loss of your Dad. Take comfort in the fact that he did know how much you loved him, Dad's are special like that.

Anonymous said...

hey gorgeous lady... im so so sorry that i could not be around for you if you had needed me on this special day.. my heart goes out to you... and breaks at the same time, knowing that in a few days, i shall have to face the anniversary of my own fathers passing. I'm glad that Kyle and Tasha got to know him a little... they will cherish it for always.
Lea is totally right by the way... i believe that my dad sees and knows everything that happens.. i am sure that your father is no different and doesnt miss a thing.. (even though some times you wish that he could have had his eyes closed! ;) )
Love you sweet girl...

KAYCEE said...

HE WAS A VERY SPECIAL MAN AND I CANT BELIEVE ITS BEEN THAT LONG. R.I.P. CLIFF!!!!!!