BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 30, 2010

7 years

Wow... is it really 7 years since we got THAT call and raced over to Karinya to say our final goodbyes to Dad.
I guess with things the way they are at the moment it all seems so much more real and the loss really hit hard this year. My dad was a tall man, to others he was gruff, non-tolerant and set in his ways. To me:
* He was the man who ran along beside my bike over and over until I had the confidence to take off by myself
* He was the gentle man who would sit and share tea parties with me and my dolls
* He would read to me at night and shared a love of stories with me

*He was so proud of the fact that I was the only girl in his family for generations (and with a big brother and 2 older male cousins the only girl in my generation)...... even if he didn't believe the hospital when they told him I was coming.......okay so maybe I did make my entrance slightly early! * He would always play "just one more game dad".

* He taught me to drive - but first he taught me to change a tire and check the oil before I got behind the wheel
* He was so excited at becoming a grandparent and totally spoilt my kids rotten. He was the proudest Pop around and loved to introduce Kyle and Tash to anyone who would listen ~L~


He was my rock. He was not always easy to get on with but then who of us is? He was always there. Sitting in HIS chair in the corner of the lounge room - watching sport on TV and fiddling with his coins or his stamp collection. I had some of the deepest conversations with dad sitting at his feet whilst he had his coins or stamps spread out on the table in front of him and we would chat and sort for hours. If any of you have seen my little Paseo driving around you will see my number plates "CS1937" dad's plates - proudly displayed on each car they owned and now on my car.
Love you Dad.

2 comments:

miss~nance said...

((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))

Sandra Allan said...

~hugs~ He would be so very proud of you sweetheart!