BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Speed dating......

Hehe thought the title might get your attention. I went to parent/teacher interviews at Kyle's school last night. Now I have been to many P/T interviews over the years - but never a high school one before and oh what an experience.

Firstly you must log in online and tick the boxes of the teachers you want to see and then it gives you a schedule of appointments which you print off and bring with you - each in 10 minute increments.

You walk into the hall and all the teachers are seated at desks spread out in a circle around the outside of the room facing inwards. The parents walk into a group of chairs laid out in a square facing outwards... (I was tempted to call out "Musical Chairs" and start skipping around but didn't think that would go down well)

At your alloted time (mine started at 5:00pm as I finished work at 4:30) you head over to the first name on your list then you sit down and have your interview (which went well by the way) then in exactly 10 minutes a bell rings and you get up and move onto the next teacher on your list until the bell rings again etc, etc.

Felt like I should be rating each person for future reference..... gave me a great experience of speed dating (hhmmmm should I be upset that no-one wanted to see me again?)

2 comments:

Cass said...

Oh my! You had me falling off my chair laughing at the mental picture of your speed dates/interviews.
I wouldn't be upset that they don't want to see you again, because I doubt you have a desire for a second 'date' with them either! ;)

Sandra Allan said...

That is so funny... I have the same images in my head i think... though i have to say Cath, I am extremely dissapointed that you would leave an opportunity to suggest a game of musical chairs atleast before you went!