BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bucket Lists

We have been busy lately working with Mum on ticking off things she had left on her bucket list There were people she wanted to see before she died and at the end of this week we will have managed to get all of them here to see her.
.
She finished this beautiful book..... It is a wonderful collection of memories of her childhood, school years, family life, married life as well as dreams, advice for the future generations. She was determined to get this done and we finally got it completed last week.
She had a very special movie she wanted to see and a MASSIVE thank you has to go out to my wonderful friends SJ and Matt for getting this to us so that she could watch it.
.
We have sorted out family heirlooms and distributed things to the people she wanted to have them.
,
The beach has always been an important place to our family and Mum's dream was to get back to the beach one more time. Yesterday was a gorgeous day and she was having a good day so we headed up to Gerringong. Firstly we stopped at Werri Beach for fish and Chips. Before heading to the beach so the kids could go swimming and John's son could head out on his paddle board to catch some waves for Mum as another thing on her Bucket List was to see him surf. He is a surf lifesaver and does a lot of competitions but Mum had never seen him in the water. We sat Mum up on the beach where she could watch the kids and have her feet in the sand. It was a lovely day and we had a good hour or so with Mum before the pain got too bad and she had to head home. It was a very special day and one I will look back on fondly. Another day on the beach with my Mum to add to the many beach days over my life.


So we have nearly ticked all the boxes on Mum's bucket list. The one last big thing is not acheivable but we have managed to get so much done (Mum's big dream was a hot air balloon ride)


Anyway, it got me thinking...... what would you have on your bucket list? If you knew you were dying what would you do with your last weeks? I think mine would be very similar to Mum's..... Catch up with special friends, leave memories for those left behind and time on the beach.

My long term bucket list includes a trip to England to see where my Mum grew up. I would love to see Venice, learn another language and have a special "Girls trip" - a holiday with my closest friends would be my ultimate dream.



so what is your bucket list?

2 comments:

Sandra Allan said...

you are very very welcome sweetheart.. I am glad that we could play part in bringing all your mums dreams to reality.
I wish there was a way that i could help you bring her last wish to life, though im figuring, this is not reality because of her health now?
As for what is on my bucket list... hmmm... i would love to spend my days with my loved ones and my best friend, who is one of my loved ones.
I want to learn Spanish, go in an FA18 fighter jet, jump from a perfectly good plane and go to Tuscany. They are the three long term goals on my bucket list.

Unknown said...

Bucket Lists never thought of one. But another Facebook friend just mentioned today that she had ticked one of hers off.
It is great that you all have had time with her and some great memories.