BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Long Weekend

What a mixed weekend we have had..... We spent some time with Mum on Fri/Sat and then gave her and John a quiet day at home alone on Sunday. Mum was looking very unwell on Saturday and was extrememy tired. When I rang her Sunday she was quite breathless and somewhat confused but said she felt okay.
Monday however was a different story. I got a phone call from Mum Monday morning checking I still coming over as she was feeling very ill. So I sent Tony and the kids off to the Lucas Family Easter and headed over to Berry. What a trip... bumper to bumper traffic through Nowra then it cleared as I got north of Bomaderry then I hit Strongs Road turn off and from there I got out of 1st gear once! It took me over an hour to get to Mum's! (it's normally a 20min trip) and knowing she was waiting on me to get there it was a rather stressful trip.
Mum was very, very breathless... she was very tired and finding it difficult to speak. We just spent some time sitting quietly together and just being there for each other.

So where are we now? Mum is still very breathless and tired. After seeing the doctors today it was decided to keep her home for now (Mum was so sick yesterday she suggested ringing Karinya which was a MASSIVE thing for her as she has done everything she could to avoid that). They are doing some fiddling with her pain medications and we wait and re-assess on a daily basis. Knowing Mum she is going to keep fighting as long as she can.... after all she has already waaaayyy surpassed the original expectations.

With all the stress going on around here lately I spent some time hiding away in my craft room (yes I should have been doing housework). Mainly tidying up etc.. I hadn't unpacked since going away to the scrapping retreat in February so I did that and then I sat down and scrapped. I had gone in there just to have some time away from the world and was surprised that I ended up actually doing some craft.

This page was put together out of a kit I bought at our LSS when it first opened. It was the biggest rip off I have ever bought and I have actually not bought from there since. This was their opening special "mystery kit" It cost $5 and all that was in it was this one sheet of paper, a short strip of pink ribbon and one silver flower. Every time I have opened this pack I have been frustrated at the price of it and put it away again.
Anyway I sat down and decided to use it. the page is quite simple and basic but hey...... I SCRAPPED!
It says all I wanted to say. My kids have been an amazing support to me over the past few months. The days I feel like I am barely holding on this young lady will cook dinner and Kyle will just open his arms and give me a big hug. They truly keep me from collapsing. I have to stay strong for them and to be there for them.

2 comments:

Cass said...

Thinking of you.

miss~nance said...

Love you XXX