BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 15, 2007

What a day!



Tony, the kids and I went out to Vincentia today cause the kids wanted to go to the pool for a swim but the Bay and Basin Leisure Centre wasn't open! So we went to Moona Moona creek for a while and then we decided to go around the Blenheim Beach. It was lovely, the water was so calm and peaceful. It was a bit hazy but a nice day nonetheless.




There were quite a few families there and Tony popped into Vincentia to get drinks for us and just after he left I heard Tasha yell out (in her not so subtle voice) "Mum what's that - is it a shark?" Well you have never seen so many people move so quickly - I think everyone on the beach heard her and there were parents jumping up everywhere.




I looked out and just past the kids there was a fin moving through the water but before I could say anything another fin appeared and they suddenly started jumping and frolicing. It was a couple of dolphins. Then as they disappeared a pod of about 10 of them came past the beach and jumped and played for about 10 minutes. It was just beautiful.




I grabbed my camera to take some pics but didnt get many good ones. I kept missing them!


And I was too far away - you can just see the specks in the water




Kyle and Tasha are the two at the left of the group of people there
As I said the pics are'nt the best but then neither is my little camera that I just throw in my bag

0 comments: