BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What a great few days!

Well the last few days have been good ones. It started on Monday when I found out I had won 2 of the challenges at the FTC cybercrop on the weekend. I couldn't believe it I really didn't think I had a chance in any of the categories so I was blown away but the biggest news was that Tasha won in the kids section! She was sooooo excited, she was literally standing beside me bouncing up and down!

Also on Moday we went to the library to hear Bruce whatley talk about his latest book Danny DaVinci and the Great horse of Milan. It was fascinating to hear about how the book was written and the different things you need to do to get a book finished. He also read his book to us and then had the chance to ask questions about this book and some of his other books. He really was a great speaker and had the kids enthralled. Tasha even came home and wrote a story of her own!

Then yesterday the kids went to adventure day camp at Waterslea (Koloona) and had a ball. I was a bit worried about how they would go but they loved it! Tasha went canoeing (and didn't tip her canoe over) and Kyle went billy carting and abseiling! I thought he might balk but he didn't! He said ti was okay but he slipped at the end and has a great big graze on his elbow and wrist so thought maybe he wouldn't do it again!

They had so much fun they can't wait to go again. On Thursday Tasha is doing billy carting and rafting and Kyle gets to try archery!

Have been trying to sort out stuff to take to Melbourne - Been printing photos and working out pages etc. Only three days to go!

TODAYS QUOTE:
The quote today comes from one of my favourite authors Douglas Adams:

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

3 comments:

Happyjen said...

Congrats on winning the 2 challenges, I went and had a look and they r very nice.
Congrats to Tasha, she did a great job too.
Way cool things to do on day camp beats the recreation programs we did in school holidays,the programs sound very cool indeed.

Miss cath said...

Thanks, did you see Gail's win too?

Happyjen said...

Sure did but I had a sneak peek b4 I saw it in the album.
BTW ... enjoy ur time in Melbourne.