BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy birthday


Today would have been my daddy's 70th birthday. His birthday was always around Fathers Day and remember when I was younger he would always get things like a pair of socks - one for his birthday and one for fathers day ~L~ poor man!


If you still have your parents make an effort to let them know you love them or just to give them a hug. Even if you don't get on with them as you would like you will miss them when they are gone.


My favourite memories with my dad were the little things - sitting down going through stamps or coins with him (he was a collector), him running along beside me teaching me to ride my pushbike, or going bushbashing with him on the motorbikes.
I know if he was here we would be having a big party today - he did like being the centre of attention and having a fuss made!
So Happy Birthday and Happy Fathers Day to my special dad.

4 comments:

Cass said...

*big hug* Thank you for the reminder that those we care most about will not be on this earth forever. Take care Cath.

KAYCEE said...

Great to see pics of your dad.
And look back at those memories with him

Wendy said...

Hey Cath,
Just stopped by to say hello and see what you're up to. Hope all is well and been thinking of you! Hope to see you over at FTC again soon! Miss you!
Hugs, Wendy

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous memories of your dad sweety.. ~big hugs~... Hope that you did something special today to remember this special special man.

love,
SJ