BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

He loved it!

After agonising for so long over what to get Tony for his 50th I finally came up with something special for him. I was devastated when it didn't arrive in time to take it with us and give to him on his birthday.

The first thing I did yesterday was grab the mail (we had a small pile from when we were away!) and pull the correct parcel out and give to him.

With much trepidation..... I hoped he would like it but you never know with Tony.....I handed it over. I had gotten photos from his parents growing up, their wedding, photos of him as a child and gorwing up with his siblings, then pics of his teenage years and people who had been a major part of his life. Photos of our wedding and the kids births etc etc... Then I put them all together in a book and sent it off to a printers to be professionally printed and bound so he has his own book all about his life.

Well he loved it! He sat there flicking through it with tears coming down his face.....now Tony is not a crier at all so I am glad that it touched him in such a way and that I could come up with something special for him for his birthday

6 comments:

miss~nance said...

OH WOW I cant wait to see this.

Happyjen said...

OMG ... that sounds awesome Cathy, as i sit here with tears in my eyes, what a very special present.

Haylee said...

What a lovely idea, sounds awesome

Mumma_Mone said...

wow your making me cry, a job well done.

KAYCEE said...

THAT REALLY BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES READING IT. I WILL HAVE TO HAVE A LOOK SEE, IF THE PHOTOS ARE TO HILARIOUS!!!!!
UNC HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE ONE TO GO TO IF YA NEED A SHOULDER TO CRY ON... NEVER HAVE I SEEN HIM CRY! SO YOU MUST OF TOUCHED HIM YOUR A SPECIAL PERSON

BruganCampbell said...

Hope DH had a great birthday. What a wonderful idea for a present.