BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

School holidays

What a busy couple of days - knowing that I am working for the majority of the school holidays I had promised the kids a day out on Monday ~ we had planned an a walk but then it started to rain so instead we climbed in the car and drove to Albion Park for a game of Putt Putt! We had the best time. It was one of "those" days where we just had fun and laughed so much I had tears pouring down my face and a headache by the time we got home! The kids had a ball at Putt Putt - the place was packed! There were people on nearly every hole but we had heaps of fun.
Then we stopped of at Berry on they way home for ice-cream! Tasha looked like lady of the house sitting in the window of the ice creamery!
We were having Charlee on Tuesday but Kase rang to say she wasn't working so we went for a bush walk instead. We parked the car up on Shoalhaven St and went down to Bens Walk and Big Rock. Did lost of "off - the - track" walking and climbing up rocks and cliffs. The kids had a ball.

Then Tony and I took them around to Hidden Valley. We tried walking along the ledge (I swear it didn't seem that narrow when we used to do it ~ hmmm mind you I was A LOT skinnier then lol)
But about 3/4 of the way along there had been a rockslide and we had to go back and climb up and through the bush to get there.
The kids loved hearing about all the fun times their dad had down there. We climbed into caves and crossed the creek about 4 times. All in all a great time - Tasha wants to go again on the weekend!
Then because we were suckers for punishment we had a game of backyard soccer when we got home!


After that Tony and I collapsed! Boy my poor legs and knees! A totally exhausting but thoroughly enjoyable day.

2 comments:

miss~nance said...

Sounds like you all had a great day and it bought back so many memories hearing you talk about it. I will never forget those skinny ledges I so so scared getting around them.

Happyjen said...

Sounds like u guys have been having a blast.
Big rock and hidden valley were the best places to head when we were kids, I remember the picnics we would have at hidden valley some of the Lucas's, Elliott's and Rhodes kids, the swimming was always pretty cool and the caves looking at the aboriginal art work in them.
I to was a bit scared with those ledges being a little porky I always thought my belly would get in the way .... lol
So how much water is there at hidden valley now? Last time I was there (over 20yrs now) the water had vanished ;(
Thanx for the walk down memory lane Cathy :)