BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 15, 2010

Photo of the week

Here is my photo for this week. Doesn't look special but this plant is extremely special.

Just the fact that it is still alive is amazing. We are not known for green thumbs - infact we have brown thumbs! I have even been known to get plants from the nursery that are indestructible and impossible to kill and ..... yep you guessed it..... we killed them all! Not due to neglect but rather we tend to kill them with kindness. Being aware of how good we are at plant homicide you will find that at some stage during the day not only have I looked after the plant and watered it but so has tony and at least one of the kids. OOOOPPPPS

Anyway this plant is special for another reason - it came to me as a 5cm cutting from an old patient. All the girls at work had a "Jack's plant" at some stage and when he heard I loved frangipanis he cut this just for me. He is no longer alive but its great to see his tree is going and is now waist high. With glorious flowers blooming all over it. Every time I walk out of my back door I see it and think of Jack - he was a really lovely man and it makes me smile every time I see it.

0 comments: