BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bits and pieces

Yes I know I have been slack - but Jane you should be careful what you ask for..... hold on tight as we head off on the update ride.

Lets start at Mothers Day....... I was reminded that I havent done show and tell yet so here you go. Firstly my nice warm boots for standing out on freezing cold soccer fields in the middle of the week in winter at night time. Having done the test last Wednesday they work well. I got new purple slippers for around the house and........ my gorgeous now black boots! JJJJAAAANNNEEEE........ they need a dance night! Now back to our normal viewing ~L~ Saturday morning we went up to Georgia - this is probably the last chance we will have to get photos etc. Next time we go up the mountain will be for the monster garage sale and clear out.
These hills are a lot of the reason Mum and John are leaving the mountain and heading down into town - imagine walking these hills a couple of times a day (at the age of 85).

We had a photo session with the kids in different places on the property. I love the relationship these two have. Yes they fight, argue, bicker etc....... but you take on one of them you take on both! I love how protective they are of each other. The other night I stuck my head into Kyle's room and they were playing a game of tetris with 3d blocks and the laughter coming out of there was wonderful.


Pity the grass covers half the faces but I love this shot. I was down one of the hills and looked up to see everyone standing at the edge of the driveway - love this pic.

The kids down at the front gate.
After spending some time at Georgia (and seeing some of Mum's old friends from school - one couple were one of the families we spent so much time with at Currarong, Noelene and Keith Larsen) we headed over the mountain to Kangaroo Valley and then up Barrengarry Mountain to Morton National Park and Manning Lookout.
Who said my family was normal??? They hammed it up something horrid at the "look out".

The view into Kangaroo Valley was a surprise - normally this view is a glorious bright green. I was shocked how brown the valley looked.
Oh and I have done some scrapping today! Will take some pics later if the light gets a bit better for show and tell!

1 comments:

Cass said...

Love the lookout photos! :)