BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

What a weekend

Well what can I say - after last week and all its ups and downs this weekend started with a bang - LITERALLY!
After picking Cass up at her place and driving up to Sutherland we had just about made it incident free and were pulling into the car park near the train station when... WHAM... a guy on a pushbike cut up the inside of me using a footpath and as I turned into the drive way he rode full speed into the passenger side door. Poor Cass - big dint in the door, side mirror broken. That would be a shocking way to start the weekend right.... oh but wait...... theres more. I was still quite shaken and not quite with it so after booking in at the hotel I turned and walked straight into the ropes they use for the queue and then....... somehow managed to sit in bird poo at lunch time (yes I had black pants on!)

Oh well the day had to head up from there! And it did! We went to the Capitol Theatre and bought our Ozmopolitan cocktails whilst we waited for the show to start. Wow what a show (note * these are not my photos - I cheated and used publicity shots). The costumes, the voices, the lighting - Rob Mills poured into tight tight pants that looked suitable to be worn by Gaston from Beauty and the Beast! I LOVED the whole thing. The story line was incredible - it confronted racism, bullying, friendships and incorporated the Wizard of Oz in such a way that I will never watch it the same again. If you get a chance you MUST go see Wicked.

Now last time we were in Sydney they kindly put on a fireworks display for us as Cass and I both loooove fireworks. Well they must have known we were coming because for this weekend only - Fireworks at Darling Harbour! YAY

Oh and what trip to Darling Harbour is complete without a trip to the Lindt Cafe!



NOTE* I thought I was doing okay after the car accident on the weekend until I was sitting in the driveway on Monday waiting for the garage door to open and poor Tasha knocked on the passenger side car window. Only for me to totally lose it and sit there in the driveway bawling and shaking. I just heard the bang and saw a person at the window and it brought it all back to me. Poor Tash!


1 comments:

Cass said...

*hugs* Brilliant weekend! Let's go again next weekend!