BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Our little stroll

Little stroll.... PPPffffttttt!
Friday night Tegan came to stay and since it was such a lovely day on saturday we decided to head out for a little bushwalk out to the wreck and back at Currarong.

Currarong has always held good memories for me as it was where we went nearly every school holidays as I was growing up. Mum, Dad, Mark and I would head off to our "holiday house" - (read tiny, tiny shack - had a look on the weekend I am sure it wasn't that small back then ~L~). We spent hours each day exploring the beach and climbing over the rocks. We were usually joined by other families - mainly the Riggs, Larsens and Stuarts (in their own places - they couldn't fit in ours!) and I always think back on those times very fondly.

So with this in mind I decided to take the kids for a nice walk out to the wreck of the SS Merimbula which I visited many, many times as a child. A nice easy stroll through the bush with a short climb over the rocks to get back. The problem with our plans? We took Tony!!!!! Usually it is just the kids and I who head out and we have a nice little stroll, look around, chat and enjoy the sunshine (and if we find some sand to play in then all the better). With Tony not only do you keep walking you "just go down this track" and "we may as well go this way" and 4 hours later you get back to the car.
So yes we were very exhausted and it was with sore feet (all the girls) and one sore ankle (yes - me!) we got home.
Having said all that we did have a great time and the kids had a ball exploring the rocks and wlaking along very narrow and extremely high cliffs. We found spiders, lizards, crabs, plant life, seaweed, and even a knife and fork and toothbrush! It was great to see the kids having so much fun in a place I had such good memories about.

I was amazed at how little of the wreck was left. Hmmmm I am sure it isn't that long since I was out there as a kid.










0 comments: