BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Social week

Wow what a busy week last week was. Lets see if I can remember it all:
* Kyle had a busy week as he finished year 8 - he started school holidays on Thurs 9th Dec (much to Tasha's disgust as she had another week to go)
* Tuesday was Tasha's last dance class before her concert on the 19th as she will miss dancing on the 14th due to her year 6 farewell
* Thursday night I went out to dinner at Riverside Thai for the NPH Secretaries Dinner. The food was great... had a fun time catching up with people I hadn't seen in ages.
* Friday night was the NAP Christmas Dinner. We went out the Bruce's house and had a lovely meal. We got there about 6pm and after chatting, eating, laughing, listening to some VERY entertaining stories etc etc I took my poor tired night worker husband home at 11:30 (about 5 hours past his bedtime!)
* Saturday was so what the doctor ordered. After sorting out my family here I headed up to shellharbour to be greeted so beautifully by Annie who always me feel soooooo special (as does her special mum). Cass and I spent the day shopping, laughing, eating, shopping, drinking coffee etc, etc. It was a wonderful relaxing day even with the Christmas shopping crowd.
*Saturday night the kids and I went out to dinner as a celebration of both of their amazing reports. I was sooooo proud of the 2 reports that we received this past week. Not only did they acheive well but the teachers comments (especially Tasha's) were wonderful.
* Sunday night the kids and I went to carols at the church. It was a fun night with a sausage sizzle and jumping castle. Tasha loved the candles and glow sticks.
The BIG NEWS FOR THE WEEK was Kyle's new job. Kyle has been waiting to be old enough to go out and get a job and as he hit to magical age of 14 and 9 months in December he had started putting his name down for work around town. Then we got a call Friday night offering him a trial starting the next morning. He did a shift Saturday morning, was asked back Sunday, Monday and is loving it. He is working with Greg at Oysters Galore and is so eager to go to work. I hope he keeps that enthusiasm!

0 comments: