BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What a day!

December 14th was a massive day.
Wow I don't think we stopped for air all day. I was met as I came out of my bedroom door with choruses of "Happy Birthday" and lots of hugs. I sat down to eat my very yummy breakfast of assorted fresh berries and custard. Lets just say I got very, very spoilt for my birthday
* I got the hugest box of choclate seashells from Tasha. I didn't know chocolates came in a box that big but there are 12 sheets of 10 shells. YUM
* I got an itunes voucher from Kyle - can't wait to go shopping!
* from Tony I got a new boomerang pillow which I have wanted for a long time.
* I also got to open a wonderful pamper pack from Sandra - now just got to find the time to fit it in.
* Sounds like I got well and truly spoilt hey......... but wait, thats not all........
Next thing I know the kids and Tony come back in with big grins and another present...... I have been saving up for an ipod touch but never seem to get there and now I don't need to! (Yes Sandra the first game I downloaded WAS angry birds!)

* Anyway as soon as Tony woke up from his morning sleep (I spent the morning setting up the ipod touch) we drove to Berry to meet Mum and John for lunch. We went to Jetz cafe for lunch with mixed results for lunch.
* Then it was home in time for Tony to go and pick Tasha up then bring her home to do her hair (we tried to straighten it but it has such a determined wave that even with a massive amount of hair product it did not want to stay straight) and her nails, then we threw her dress on and raced up to North Nowra for her end of year farewell.
Wow.... too grown up. My baby is leaving primary school. How did that happen!

I know I could be biased but she looked gorgeous. I was so glad that she picked out an age appropriate dress - some of her classmates were sooooo overdressed. Short cocktail dresses, high heels, beautician visits and hairdressers. These girls are only 12 years old! Tasha's close friend Kaysha, teacher Mrs Faulks and Tash

Proud daddy!











The two proud mums!





this is what girls look like when you organise a group photo


And this is what boys look like!


* After presentation Tony, Kyle and I headed up to North Nowra Tavern for dinner and Tasha headed in for her farewell dinner and dance. We met up with Jane and Stephen and had a lovely dinner. It was lovely to just sit and chat.
* then we had to rush off as school had told us to be back at the school at 9 to pick up the kids or 8:45 if we wanted to share the last dance with them. We walked back in the school gates at 8:43 to find a very sad girl sitting outside as they had finished up early and when I got there we got to do maybe 30 seconds of the end of the dance.

......... the next few weeks seem just as busy - lots to do but lots to look forward to.
Oh and quote of the day goes to my cousin Michael who first sent me a message to "check on the REALLY old girl" but was then followed up by this:
"you're lucky that age is relative, and all your relatives are oldies"
Hehe - out my generation (siblings, cousins etc) I am the youngest by more than 2 years!

4 comments:

miss~nance said...

Tasha looks gorgeous & I agree that the other girls look a bit overdone.

Sounds like you had a great birthday. Did Tony give you our gift?

Hugs & Blessings

Gail

miss~nance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
miss~nance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Allan said...

What a great post doll.. I knew you'd get spoilt.....as you deserve. Yay for the ipod ... And Yay fir angry birds. Do you know they have an advent angry birds too?

Love the photos.. That one of kyle and tash is awesome.

Xxx