BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's almost over!

Boy these school holidays have flown - but thinking back it seems they started ages ago! Not sure how that works :)
Anyway I was sitting thinking about how I didn't get what I wanted done these holidays with the kids but when I actually thought about it we did:
Catch up with my brother and his family from Dubai
Travel to Goulburn to meet up with family members we have not seen in a long time
Go to the beach
Go to Bay and Basin Leisure Centre
The kids had numerous friends over and went on a number of sleep overs
Kyle went to the carnival and got sick on a ride and vomited (twice)
We had picnics and played in the park
Went to the movies
Kyle and I had a mother/son day
Spent time together as a family unit playing games and mucking around
Went to Mogo Zoo
Did some walks and outdoor things as a family
Swam in the blow up pool in the backyard
Tasha in particular was a little social butterfly
I am sure there is more but I can't think right now!

So thinking back we actually did a fair bit and on a very tight budget. Mogo Zoo was probably our biggest spend - we did a lot of outdoor things that were very cheap or free, spent alot of time in parks etc. There were some things the kids wanted to do - the main ones being Jamberoo, Taronga Zoo and a trip to the Aquarium but the bank didn't allow that. I think we acheived quite a lot anyway. On top of all this we have been preparing for school. Can't believe my little boy is off to high school - I think I am worse about this than I was about him starting school. He was very nervous but is getting much better as it gets closer. We have spent a lot of time talking and praying about it. Tasha is going into year 5 this year and is looking forward to being at school without her big brother ~L~
Hope you are all ready for school to recommence. I have covered books and labelled things till I couldn't face another thing!

0 comments: