BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Melbourne trip

Finally got around to posting about my Melbourne trip. I had a great time - flew out of Hobart after one of those oscar winning performances by our little girl. You know those scenes with emotions running wild. My little girl clinging tight and not wanting to let me go through to checkin! Anyway - finally got through and was on my way to Melbourne

Met at the airport by my gorgeous friend and then we proceeded home for Matt's birthday party. (Ooops crashed another party - haven't done that for a while!) but check out the yummy foods! MMMMMMMMM
We had a nice quiet day at home on Sunday - although we did duck out at one stage to hit the scrapbook shop (SSShhhhh)

then Monday! what can I say about Monday except for laugh, laugh and more laugh!! We headed down to Geelong to the Kaiser factory. Do you remember growing up how your parents said "We are going to change the locks or move while you're out?" No - hhhmm maybe that was just me ~L~ anyway Kaiser did that to Sandra! Just after she left they moved! Was that a hint (just kidding sweetie). We headed down to Geelong with Sandra pretty sure she knew where we were going. We drove along the highway spotted the Kaiser factory tucked in beside a bridge - a tad too late so we drove across the bridge - nice long bridge - did a u-turn in the club parking lot and headed back. The problem - the road was a one way street - and not our way! We drove down a side street to try and get in and drove past a guy who stood there and watched up drive straight into the Pura milk factory! then he watched us turn around and drive back out!

By now we were in hysterics - we tried again and ended up going back across the bridge - followed the river on the WRONG SIDE for some time before trying again! We crossed the bridge - saw a truck heading to Kaiser so followed them and look! you go under the bridge
And then you end up here! I don't think we have ever been so excited to get to shop! WOOHOO. Yay for us!

So we walked and I got so overwhelmed by the amount of products whilst Sandra chatted with the shop workers and caught up on all the gossip and goings on of her previous workmates. (and I got to see her work on display)
Then monday night Matt had a play with my camera and insisted he could take a good photo with it - as the ones I take are very average. I'm not sure that he ended taking a great photo after all!

Then tuesday I had planned to catch the train into the city and then the bus out to avalon (quite a long trip all together) but instead Matt so generously offered to drive me to the airport. Had a bit of a wait at the airport whilst one flight was postponed. was getting worried as two others were cancelled but eventually made it to Sydney to be greeted by my family who had made the 5 hour round trip to come and get me to save me the bus trip home!!

1 comments:

Sandra Allan said...

i am in hysterics reading about our trip... you make it sound funny.... and it was... though, you know...i knew EXACTLY where i was going... i just thought, since you were visiting, that i would take you on a road trip and show you some sights... you know... knowledge is power... ;-) and pura is MILK! ~L~
Hey... by the way... whats WRONG with that pic of us!? I think its perfect! hahaa

I am sure he took a good photo somewhere on your camera... amongst all the other stuff he was snapping pics of! (or was that on his camera)