BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Photos

Saw this on Teresa Collins blog and just had to share:

A Birth certificate shows that we were born

A death certificate shows that we died

Photos show that we lived

So it got me wondering - what are some of your favorite photos? What do you think shows that you really lived?
My favourite photos are usually of fun times with friends and family - being silly, being together, having fun!

This pic always makes me smile - Kath and Jane dancing in the middle of Hyde Park in Sydney in front of the buskers (see we will seriously dance ANYWHERE!)

This photo is of the SoF girls. I love the encouragement I get from these girls (and the fact that I met Cass through SoF - a major blessing!). This pic was taken at one of our scrap days at Lou's place - you are guaranteed in this group to have Gail and Lou centre of attention (I do think Cass is a little concerned about where Lou's hand is headed! ~L~)

Sandra and I - need I say more. I only wish I lived so much closer to this sweetie. I love that I can be me ~ mad as that person is! we laugh, we chat, we discuss the deep and meaningful aspects of life and the light fluffy bits as well.


Of course any group of fav pics has to include 2 things - my amazing boy and the water!




I love the smiles and the fun these guys have with their cousin Declan. This pic to me just shines happiness.



Girls having fun. Tasha and her good friend Kaysha. They always have so much fun together and Kaysha fits in so well with our family when she is here.

This is just one of many! I love the amount of photos I have of my two kids with their arms wrapped around each other. some days when I feel like the worst parent in the world I look at these and think we are doing okay! They are so supportive and protective of each other and have a great relationship (yeah of course they fight but they are quick to grab each other in a hug too!)


Fun! I love the fact that Tasha and her friends can have fun and get dirty. I remember some of my best times as a kid were the muddiest, loudest and most hilarious. This day was wonderful just to hear the shrieks of laughter coming from the backyard.

Cass and I at yet another scrap day! Love the support I get from this girl. She is always there when I need a pick me up or a laugh


I love this pic purely for the memories it brings! This is Tasha Christmas morning just waiting for the phone to ring to hear from the Allan family.

So these are some of my favourite photos that remind me that not only have I been alive for 36 years but that I have LIVED. What are your LIVE LIFE photos?

1 comments:

Sandra Allan said...

oh how i wished that you lived a little cloers as well angel. Missing you more at the moment than i ever thought i could miss anyone other than matt..
one day gorgeous.. one day.

And that laast photo, the one of Tash.. it is too cute. You know, if someone had thought to pick up a camera on christmas morning (before kiera opened hers), there would have been one similar of me, sitting litterally like a kid on christmas morning...waiting to be able to call you guys! Bring on the christmas we will all be one happy... well...family/s. xxx