BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What a weekend!

Phew.... time to sit and relax.... yeah right!

What a big weekend. Saturday was spent cooking and preparing for our annual bbq lunch. Setting up tables for 32 people is fun! Yeah - fun like root canal surgery! ~L~. It was going to be a smallish gathering of people we count as our friends - those who play an important role in our lives and who we spend time with during the year - sort of blew out to a bit more than that.

Then Sunday we hit the ground running (well tried to) I got up and finished organising food. Was hoping to have some help from Tony with setting up but with his mucked up sleep pattern lately it was almost 11:00 before he got out of bed. So then he hit the ground running as we had just received a call from a family of 5 telling us they were coming so we had to find another table/chairs etc.

It was a mad day and I don't think I got outside much at all. In fact I only saw some people when they walked in the door and then when they came to say goodbye! I did get to spend some time with Cass and Jane and we set up a "learners corner" in the kitchen for Jane to help Cass with her crochet and me with my knitting!

Then Monday (after finishing the clean up - wow!) the kids and I headed out to Vincentia for some sun and fresh air. We did the short bushwalk from Greenfields beach to Hyams beach then we went walking out on the rocks before spending some time digging in the sand (the kids not me ). After a couple of hours of walking, climbing, and sand sculpting we headed home for Kyle's soccer training. Hmmmm it is starting again - cold, dark nights hanging around soccer fields 2 nights a week - YAY!

And now..... the countdown is on - 4 days until Cass and I head to Sydney. Wish Jane and SJ could have joined us.... next time girls - all four of us will hit Sydney (boy will it survive ~L~). I soooooo need this weekend. Can't wait.

1 comments:

Cass said...

3 days to go... :D