BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

What a week...

Yes, yes I know I am a bit slack with my update but I am getting there now......

We have had a fortnight of ups and downs...full of doctors visits, lunch with Cass and Annie, a daytrip to Sydney with Cass and Jane to check out the craft show...(oh and the Lindt cafe *insert blushing face here*)... and over the past fortnight we have had either Tegan at our house or Tasha at the Baldwins. We were given a reprieve of an extra week before they left and in the interim the girls have barely parted from each other. I think out of 11 nights they had 2 apart - we even allowed sleepovers on school nights (after all Tegan is an honorary Lucas now - even to the point where Tony and I get called Mum and Dad). It has been heartbreaking to see them leave. To see the girls distraught and doing the whole "Goodbye".."Goodbye".. "Goodbye".. "Goodbye".. etc. etc. as we drove down the street one afternoon. Tasha stayed with them on their last night here and I went over and joined them for brekky before they headed off. It was sad for us as well - as I said Tegan is often referred to as our second daughter and they will be missed. I am so glad for Facebook and MSN to keep us in touch.

In the middle of all this Tasha had her dance competition (and yes Tegan came along and cheered her on!). the studio comp is basically a chance for the girls to get up in front of an adjudicator and show what they have been learning without the strictness and pressure of exams (basically a practice run for exams next term) and a chance to get dressed up and dance!


Tasha did both Jazz and Hip Hip and did both her dances with her friend Emily who is in her classes. I love these photos I took of Tash whilst she was waiting to dance. Not only did the teased hair and head bands bring back vicious flashbacks of the 80's but I can so see a page with these pics title "This girl has attitude!" She danced so well and got Highly Commended in both dance styles.

Think thats all our news. No doctors visits for 2 weeks so its just a case of wait and see. Thoughts have been turned towards Melbourne so much lately and it looks like a catch up has been organised (can you hear the squeals?). Tony's friend Ken is in town for a couple of days with his work so we will be catching up with him too.
Oh and Cass.... I am totally wearing out my Wicked soundtrack. Thinking of you everyday whilst listening to it!




2 comments:

miss~nance said...

OW thats been a big week.

Love you guys and am praying for you

Hugs & Blessings

Gail

Cass said...

Go the Wicked! ;)