BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Girls Day Out

As I have so little time off work these holidays we have tried to fit a lot into this post- Christmas week. We have seen 2 movies (Gullivers Travels and the new Narnia movie) and I promised both the kids a mother-child day each to do what they want together.
Tasha decided to go shopping! She had Christmas money that was burning a hole in her pocket and we went up to Shellharbour and hit the post-Christmas sales. I was very proud of her - she had a set list of what she wanted and how much she wanted to spend and she didn't go silly (although to look at her shopping - below - you wouldn't know it). She actually came home with money. After shopping we called in for a quick catch up with the King family.

Then we called into Kiama to catch up with my cousins, Dave and Mick and their families. We really don't get together anywhere near enough and this is something we hope to work more on from here. It is great for Kyle and Tasha as they have heaps of Cox cousins their age which is something they are not used to so it great for the kids all to get to know one another. Kyle and Tasha have a great relationship with their Lucas cousins and I would love to see this carried over to the Cox side of the family. My fav memories from my childhood are the times spent at Nana's with my cousins playing cricket, laughing, having fun and just being together. My hope for my kids is that they get that sense of fun and comraderie with their cousins I had with mine.




0 comments: