BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A time for friends

Well they say Christmas is a time for friends and today I must say I have been blessed with two great people in my life as friends.

I got home from work yesterday to find a tired, lethargic girl (Tasha) who had spent the day outside playing and in her cousins pool. Her temperature went up to 38.5 and she was so apathetic and lethargic. She went to bed and I rang Casualty who told me it could be sunstroke and to keep an eye on her - make sure she took continual fluids and if she convulsed or went unconscious to take her straight in.

Well how do you tell if a kid is unconsicous or just sleeping at midnight?

So to cut a long story short, she was up every 20 mins or so to either run to the toilet with diarrhoea, with stomach cramps or needing a drink so I spent the night lying on the concrete floor near her bed ( I am getting waaaayyyyyy to old for that) and praying for God to watch over her.

When we got up this morning sho started vomiting and when we sat down in front of the christmas stocking she opened a couple of presents and then decided she didn't want any more! Now I KNEW she was SICK!!!!

So after scoffing down some berries (We had a special breakky of raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, cherries and custard as well as croissants planned but it just didn't happen!) Tasha and I headed off to Casualty.

When we got there her temp was up to 39.4! We were seen pretty quickly which was good (We also ran into my brother in law Steve in Cas who had hurt his back!) And after a couple of hours of pushing fluid through her (note for future - Gastrolyte Ice Blocks make her throw up - she can't stand the taste!) and tests she was sent home with a diagnosis of "Minor meningeal infection. NOT meningitis but watch her for stiff neck and sensitivity to light either of these symptoms and we had to get her back to casualty ASAP. She also had enlarged and swollen tonsils and adenoids."

Anyway through all this - when I was feeling terrible due to lack of sleep and concern over my little girl (boy does your heart drop when the doctor mentions meningococcal) I got messages through the day from Jane and SJ. It was so lovely to know they were thinking of us and to know I wasn't alone. To these girls I can not express my thanks enough. I do not know what I have done to have these girls in my life. Especially SJ who has provided me with so much support and unconditional friendship (and one or two crazy times ~L~) This year has been a much better for me because of having you in it - thank you.

Will update the chrissy thing later. My brain really does not work on 1/2 an hours sleep!

1 comments:

BUBBLEFROG said...

OH Cath...sending you and all your family big hugs. Hope Tash gets better quickly...praying for you all.