BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 06, 2007

What a day!

Well today has certainly been a big one!

Started off this morning - dropped the kids off at school and then headed up to Shellharbour to shop! Nice, easy drive! NOT! It teamed with rain. Apparently this monring the Wollongong area was the wettest place in the country with some amazing downpours. It was raining so hard there was hardly any visibility. I tucked myself in behind a truck and could not see further than 1/2 way along it! It pelted down! The water was rushing across the road and I couldn't pull over because there was no side of the road - just river!

Anyway finally made it Shellharbour Square and found a parking spot in the far corner of the parking lot.

Did some christmas shopping - wasn't too happy with what I got - couldn't get most things. Ran into Royce who told me when he came through Dapto the road was blocked due to water from a blocked drain and there was water on most of the roads in the area.

The high point of my day was meeting up with Cass, Callum and Cass's mum for lunch. It was great to catch up - would have loved to spend more time with them but didn't want to make Cass walk around the shops too much.

Then I went up to Warrawong to pick up some stuff at Big W and YAY got nearly all my shopping list crossed off - 2 things to go! What a great feeling!

Drove home (thankfully no rain but the road was still wet in patches) and am now feeling exhausted! Driving in that sort of weather really wears you out!

Thanks to Cass's Mum for driving Cass and Callum to meet me for lunch. And thanks Cass - it was great to catch up.

4 comments:

Cass said...

It was so good to catch up Cath. I'm sorry too that I couldn't have spent more time with you, but the ole legs just can't carry all this weight for long without complaining. As it was I had a 2 hour sleep once I got home from lunch. I just thought I'd have a little nap, but woke up 2 hours later to find my darling mum had done the ironing, washing and wiping up, and looked after Callum. What a treasure!
Will catch up again soon I hope. *hugs* Cass

miss~nance said...

Sounds like you had quite a day Cath. of course Royce didnt tell me he ran into you. He then drove down to Batemans Bay but the weather was ok in the arvo.

Glad you caught up with Cass was very sad I had to work and couldnt make it.

I'm hoping to get to Berry on Tuesday for some Chrissy shopping.

Hugs

Gail

BruganCampbell said...

Well done on having almost all your Xmas shopping done. Sounds like you you had a busy day. I'm yet to start mine.
Catch you soon @ the forum. Merry Christmas from scrapNshop (Megan).

Karen L said...

Glad that you and Cass had a lovely time together. Pity we haven't got some of that lovely rain up here - we could certainly do with it.