BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Grand Tour.......

Well it way overdue and I have been asked when it would happen........
Here it is - the grand tour of my new scrap/office space. When Tracy and Jacob moved in Jacob got my old craft room so we had a wall and door put in at the entrance of our old study and I have a new craft room! So hold on tight..... here we go
First thing as you come into the room is my bookcase (which is storage for work stuff) and my stand which I just adore. The poster on the wall is from my 29th birthday! A group of friends took me out for my last 20-something birthday and we went to see a duo who I also called close friends - Beez Neez! Whilst there we ripped this poster off the wall at Posties Tavern and I got everyone to sign it...
Also on the bookcase is a pile of frames which I need to find somewhere for. These contain photos of people who have been a major part of our lives - even dating back to special high school friends.
Another really special item here is located on the top shelf of my display unit. This is hard to see in the pic but is a "Scrappers Survival Kit" which was the first present I ever received from a gorgeous girl and amazing scrapper who I am so very priviledged to call a totally awesome friend. It holds pride of place and I always like to have it near my scrap space. I know I could never be as talented as this girl but I hope some of her scrap-genious may rub off one day.
Next along is my scrap desk... which used to be our dining table. When we upgraded the dining table I claimed the old one for scrapping. I do need the space cause when I scrap I tend to spread out and create a huge mess! There is room for this table to be pulled out away from the wall so I have plenty of room for scrapping with a friend (welcome anytime). The other thing I can't survive without is my ipod dock. This was a present from Tony and the kids last birthday. I love my music and just HAVE to have music playing when I scrap.


This was my big concession to space. My office space has shrunk a lot! I have gone from a big desk to this little computer table but it is up next to my craft desk so I can spread work out if I need to. Notice my poor old computer. A couple of keys missing, worn out mouse pad.... She really does need to retire but I cant see that happening soon so instead on the pull out drawer is an external keyboard and you can see the wireless mouse. Poor old girl.
The wall above this computer is bare at the moment but I have plans to put a number of photos up here by an amazing photographer @ www.disenchantedphotography.com. I know I could be slightly biased because I know this guy but the emotions and stories you get in his photos are just awe-inspiring. You can't really see it that well but the pic on my desktop is one of his. He is just so talented. Tony and I both have strong favourites from his portfolios that we want to make a feature of.
Okay moving around the room now. My wonderful big window which lets in heaps of light ( when its not overcast like today) and also allows a nice breeze through.... although I really could do without the neighbours dog which sits and barks at my window all day. GGGRRrrrr


Then on the next wall is all my storage. Tony got me cupboards with doors as I am not the neatest or tidiest perosn around and I have old chest of drawers with all my paperwork etc in them.

The doors of my cupboards are covered in cards and notes I have received from friends over the years. Any card I get from my friends goes up here. Then on those days when I feel so flat or so alone ( which do seem to be coming around a lot lately) I just sit and read and am so glad for the support that I get from my friends. I seriously do not think I could have got through the tough times without my friends and when I am having a bad day I really need that reassurance that there is someone who cares about me.
To Sandra, Cass and Jane - you girls are my angels. Love you. MWAH

Then finally - my storage unit which I saw and just had to have. I love all the different pigeon holes. This is the thing I want to work on the most. It does need a massive organisational overhaul but as the budget has nothing left for more baskets or storage boxes I guess it will have to wait.

Well thats it guys. Hope you enjoyed the grand tour. sorry it took me so long.






1 comments:

Sandra Allan said...

hey gorgeous girl..... before I say anything about your new space, I have to say... you are my angel as well.... you know that as well as I do... but i dont tend to tell you enough, how much you really mean. Love you girl.

The space is fantastic.. I love the cupboards... really makes things look tidy... I do think I could do with that sort of thing... my room is again... a mess... though what is new, right!?
haha...
Matt says thanks for the subtle Pimpin'... from one bias, to another though.. I have to agree.. his work is awe inspiring.

now... for those down times... know that even though I cant reach ou and give you a hug when ever i feel like it (damn the state borders) i am only a call away... a message away.. and even though you cant see me, right there with you, every step of the way, lightening your path back to the sunlight again.
Chin up charlie...
xx