BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fun with old friends

Today was a good day! Did the cooking last night so didn't have to do too much today!

Went down town to do the grocery shopping (keep running into people who wanted to talk) and then got home just before Tracy was due to arrive.


We had a great time of sharing and chatting. And then we chatted a bit more. And a bit more!
Tracy has been in Tony and my life for ages. We were in youth group together. She sat under a table with me on my first night of youth group (long story). She sat in the car with me and hugged me whilst I cried when my nana died. Tony was her confidante (one of the many people who went to him for advice - including me!). Tracy has always been special in our lives - she sang at our wedding and even when she moved to Kiama we travelled up regularly to see her.

Anyway we had a great lunch today and will definately have to do it more often. She really is a special person.

We had a bbq for lunch (of course - with all that meat!) and a simple salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mango, avocado and cheese but it was lovely. Very yummy.
Tasha made baby cupcakes (cookies and cream). They were a packet mix but apart from taking them out the oven she did it all her self so she was very proud.




5 comments:

Happyjen said...

Sounds like u had a lovely day, Great photo's.

miss~nance said...

Glad you had a great day with Tracey. Love the pics tpp.

miss~nance said...

OOOOOOps that should have said too not tpp.

KAYCEE said...

i regularly run into tracy int he street and have a chat, she is such a lovley lady.
Glad you had time to catch up

Unc.... whats up with the grey????

Haylee said...

Sounds like a great day. I must say I do like the packet mixes! I made a packet mix caramel mini cakes & took them to work & everyone kept telling me how good they were, so I felt a bit guilty!