BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thankful

Allcraftz forum have a couple of challenges at the moment that have me thinking. The first challenge is to do a page saying thank you to someone - not to a relative but to someone who you would like to thank for something they did. The second is to do a page on someone who inspires you.

So I started thinking, firstly how do you pick just one person and secondly I am not good at expressing my feelings and opening up. There are so many people in my life that have encouraged and inspired me but I think this is what I have decided on.

The person I need to say thank you to is SJ. She has no idea what a blessing she has been in my life but just by accepting me for me has let me accept myself more. I have grown so much as a person because I finally start to believe that I am worth standing up for. In her simply allowing me to be "me" she has allowed me to get know the real Cath. There are no words I can use to explain how precious a gift that is. I have spent my life trying to be the person averyone wants me to be. I have friends that one side of my personality can come out but they don't like this or that so I hide it. SJ accepts the total package and I thank her so much for it.


The person that inspires me is someone who shows the kind of person I want to be. She has overcome a lot of personal obstacles and continues to push herself. She is a kind, caring person who I don't think I have heard say a bad word against anyone else. When Tasha was sick on Christmas Day we got a wonderful card with the most special message inside and some little gifts for us a day later because she knew we hadn't had much of a christmas. She has taught me by watching her that you can acheive things if you put your mind to it. We have a lot of the same anxiety issues and she handles them much better than I do! I watch the growth in her and it encourages me to do the same. I only hope that I can be the same sort of genuinely caring person that she is. The person that inspires me is Haylee.


So now I have figured this out I just have to find the time to scrap them!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

KAYCEE said...

i am glad that SJ makes you feel very special.I think friendshipis sometimes taken for granted and that people need to express them selfs more to there loved ones.....

There has been many of times when i needed to shoulder to cry on and i have phoned you up, and you have been there in a flash..... Thanks heaps for being a great Aunt and i love ya for the person you are, and a friend.... mwah XXXXXXX

miss~nance said...

Cath Firstly you made me cry.

And secondly Friends that accept you for who you are are hard to find.I have seen how her friendship has worked in your life and I too am thankful to her for what you are to each other.

I also am very thankful that you are a part of my life as you have taught me so much about love and loyalty. Love you heaps.

Gail

Mumma_Mone said...

Cathy this post made me cry too, i just think you need to know i love you too with all my heart i love you for being you, not what your not and i think you just need to belive in yourself more, you have tought me so much over the year on how to be a good mum a great listener and how to be there when someone needs you to be, i take most of my mummy skills form what you and uncle tony have tough me over the years and for that im very greatful. I think you need to know im always here if you need me even if you dont think i am, i miss you like you have no idea. Just remember I LOVE YOU and i miss you i love all the persons that you are cath,cathryn,cathy,miss cath and aunty cathy.
I to belive the SJ has given you a new lease in life that you were looking for and i hope she makes you feel as equal as the next person and that the change in you has be unbelivable i can see you belive in yourself more now and she has done that to you. so thank SJ for helping my aunty cathy find her true inner self.

LOVE YA CATHY. LOV MONE XXXXXXXXXX