BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Modern speak!!

Had to laugh today. I tend to forget that sometimes technological speak (or lazy speak) sneaks up on us! I have a wonderful friend who is not terribly technologically savvy. She can now use the internet - without help! - and has progressed to more than simple one word sms responses. I even get pictures from her!

Like today for Valentines day she sent me a cute little cupid with a couple of hearts so without thinking i sent her back the message MWAH. Which (of course) means kisses or the sound you make when you blow someone a kiss! I didn't realise this was so difficult until I got a call from her at work

"Okay it's driving us mad - we have spent ages trying to figure out what it stands for and we came up Make Wine A Habit or Moderm Women Are Hip!"

To which I just about fell down laughing. I forgot that what is simple every day language to me just sounds likes gobbledygook to someone else - but it did give me a good laugh - mainly the fact that the 3 girls in her office had spent so long trying to figure it out! Although I do think Make Wine A Habit does sound like good advice ~L~

3 comments:

miss~nance said...

Oh Cath that made me laugh so loud.

Can Iguess who it was.......

Cass said...

LOL! :)

Haylee said...

That is so funny! I have to admit though, it took me a while to get to some abbreviations, for example I din't know what lol meant for ages!