BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Our day at the Zoo

Phew what a day!

I didn't get much sleep Wednesday night - one because I had the worst throat and cough and two because I kept thinking I'd sleep through the alarm so I was checking the clock every half hour! Doh!

I got up at 5.30 and had my shower etc then woke Kyle up at 6.00. We had our brekkie and then headed off at 6.30 to school. The bus left Nowra at 7am. 60 hyperactive kids YAY. WE headed off watching the Wild Thornberrys Movie - very mind numbing then we got to Kiama and turned around and started home because they forot to pick someone up in Berry! Anyway - back in the right direction again! We got to the Zoo about 10.30. (After also watching Spongebob Squarepants!)

Sat down for morning tea all together and were then sorted into our small groups. About 11.30 we were finally allowed to go off looking at animals but not for long as we had an education session at 11.45. My group did a quick (and I mean quick - like there it is - seen it - lets go) trip past the Lions and Tigers and Bears (OH MY) before racing to our education program

This was cool - we were talking about rainforest animals and got to pat a bandicoot - see a stick insect - pat a frog - pat a snake (Yes I did! Very proud of myself! - Couldn't look like a wuz in front of all those kids!) - and pat a sugar glider.

Then we had another 45 minutes where we went to the gibbons, gorillas, bird enclosure, giant crocodile and Fishing Cat - Yes thats right a cat with webbed feet that likes swimming to catch its food! Then we raced back to meet up for lunch.

We had planned to go to the seal show after lunch but we ended up going on a the chairlft as a big group so we had to wait around for an hour for everyone to finish lunch before doing the "Sky safari" chairlift.

After that we had just enough time to race down to the meerkats and red pandas before seeing the Bird of Prey live show. Unbeknownst to us we positioned ourselves just near the eagle perch so when they flew over down to the keeper and back they swooped right over us - one even came so low it knocked Kyle's hat!

Then we raced back up the hill (and that hill is a shocker!) to meet the bus at 3.30 to head home. Coming through Sydney at peak hour isn't fun and then we ran into roadworks so we finally got back to Nowra at 7.30.

Totally shattered I went to bed early. It was a long day but it was great too. Kyle wants to go back up in the school holidays and see all the things we missed!

Oh did I mention that it poured rain most of the day! SO my little cold has just catapulted into something much worse!

1 comments:

Happyjen said...

Sounds like a you had a very exhausting day, I know what u mean by that hill, it is a killer, I haven't been to the zoo for over 8yrs but I do remember heaps of hills,good going down but coming back up's a killer & it's very tiring.
Get there just as they open next time and leave at close that way u do get to see everything and enjoy yourself more by taking your time.