BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What a day!

Wow what a mad day!

We headed off about 9.30 to go to Milton as we had been told about all the great gift shops down there and we planned to do some serious shopping! (Apparently the shops are very much like the Berry ones!)

ANYWAY I don't know where they hid the shops but we only found a couple (and this is a small country town so I don't know where they put them!). We stopped for a cuppa and had a beautiful cappucino at a cafe on the main (hehe - just about only) street then went shopping! Now the theory to shopping away from home is that the time spent in shops should at least be equal to the time spent driving there!! We fell short today!

We went into Ulladulla for our lovely lunch on the harbour and the lunch was lovely but I'm not sure about the harbour as it was raining so hard we had to sit inside and we could barely see the boats at the dock! I'm sure it was a beautiful view just wish I could have seen it!

Then we did a quick look through the shops and came home EMPTY HANDED
Yeah I know - very scary don't think I have done that before!

We were going through the shopping high withdrawals so to help the cravings we made a detour on the way home to Sanctuary Point to the scrapbooking shop and (YAY) finally spent some money! Got home about 4pm and raced into work for a lesson on the new software program at work - which is so simple and even though I had never used it before I ended up figuring it out and teaching the girl who was supposed to be showing me how to do it!

Tonight the kids and I did some more cooking (made coconut rum balls and brownies!) and yeah Tasha ended with chocolate smeared on her! She did say it was better than the flour fight we had cooking in the weekend so that was okay! Have a Stampin Up party on Friday so have been cooking nibblies for that.

I am going on an excursion with Kyle next week to Taronga Zoo (3 hours by bus up then all day at the zoo and 3 hours back with 60 11 and 12 year olds. Not sure how sane a decision that one was!

2 comments:

Happyjen said...

Wow Cathy, must have been the weather lol
yum, would ya mind keeping some rum ball for me, I love rum balls (minus the rum ... lol )
I remember going down to wollongong beach with a bus load of kindies OMG what an experience that was, I don't envy u at all.
Jen

KAYCEE said...

YUM I LOVE RUM BALLS TOO. WHAT GIRL GOES SHOPPING AND COMES HOME EMPTY HANDED. YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST BROUGHT A NEW HAND BAG. A GIRL CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BAGS.
AND FOR GOING ON THE EXCURSION NEXT TIME MAKE SURE ARE AWAKE BEFORE AGREEING TO THAT. PACK PAINKILLERS FOR HEADACHE!!!!HE HE HE