BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 02, 2008

Blessed

The past few days have been full of reflections over the past year. Life has been extremely busy and hectic lately but I realised that it now 1 year since I bit the bullet and quit my job.

I have been doing a bit of blog surfing and thinking about what has happened in my life. Seeing what is going on in others lives and the change in mine. I have gone from feeling so low and flat to actually starting to like the person I am and feeling truly "happy". I have not felt this content for an awful long time.

Sorry to drivel on but I just wanted to record for myself to look back on the good things in my life.

1) WORK

I have gone from being in a job which whilst it had people I absolutely adored and a boss I throughly enjoyed working for caused so much stress and low self esteem due to one particular staff member. I left here thinking there is no way I would work in this town again (dramatic I know but she always pushed how much influence she had with everyone). Ihave since found this not to be true and have 3 great jobs in friendly offices. These jobs have offered me no end of self-esteem boosting as I have not applied for any of them but had people chase me to work for them. It is nice to hear that I have a good reputation and that people want me! Each time I have had that call saying "Heard you were free and were wondering if you would consider coming to work with us" it gives me such a warm fuzzy boost.

I have some challenges coming up but these are very exciting and I can't wait.

2) HOME LIFE

The kids have settled down well at school and Tony and I are actually listening to each other and supporting each other. Even though our work hours do make any sort of family life difficult we are getting there. We still do communicate via notes or sms during the week sometimes and I hate being at home alone at night but we're getting there. We have our "family outings" and even if it's just a day at a park it's lovely to just sit and chat and spend time together.

3) FRIENDS

I have some great people in my life right now. These people encourage me and are there in good times and bad. I am so blessed to count them as my mates! Sometimes people come into your life just when you need them and I know that these people are here to stay.

Jane - You have been there through thick and thin. You have been there for hugs when that pesky crying woman appears and with champers and choccies on "those" days. You make me laugh and know just when I need a hug (or when I DONT need a hug ~L~)

SJ - You are the other half of me. Tony and I were just discussing how relaxed I am around you and how you are the person I am the most "ME" around. Thank you for the fun and silliness we have when we are together but also for being the support when I need it. Thanks for caring for me and for somehow knowing when I need a MWAH. I love that I am an "honorary Allan" and always welcomed as part of the family. You love me for just being me and that is such a special gift. You have no idea how much I treasure our friendship gorgeous girl.

Cass - We met and clicked straight away. Thank you for sharing your family with me and for just being you. You are always so open and willing to share. I love your generous personality and your smile. I feel at peace with you and feel comfortable and I thank you so much for letting me into your life. I love our days out and even just sitting chatting . You encourage me in so many ways and I thank you for that.

Tracy - We have been friends for so long and even though we don't see each other often I know you are there and when we do catch up it's like we have never parted. You know the good and bad parts of me (even the bits I try and hide from the world) and love me anyway.

I guess this is a rather long winded way of saying LIFE IS GOOD! I am at a point where not only am I happy but I am actually beginning to think that this person called Cath is kind of okay and not the total fool I used to think she was!

4 comments:

KAYCEE said...

well you have always been cool to me, specially as a aunt....... you hae helped me out when ever i needed help, even baby sat my 2 kids every monday so i could make it to work on time...
And if i ever needed a shoulder to cry on you were there in a sec..... I personally have not seen to many changes as i have been slack but also i think they have come within... I am glad you are on track and doing well. ifeel we only live once lets enjoy what we have... My life have changed upstide down and i could not be happier. Kids are well specially charlee, cooper has settled down and dean well he is my darling, working heaps to support us so we can finally get some where in life. With him being away has made us appreciate each other and love each other again......

Cass said...

Congratulations on having the strength to make the changes that you needed to make to get your life back on track.

And *thank you* for the friendship that we share. We may not have known each other that long, but I feel more comfortable and more 'me' around you than I do around people I have known my whole life.

*hugs*

miss~nance said...

Well Cath I hope you know how much I love you and I am so happy to see that you are starting to love you. You really are one special lady and I feel very priveledged not only to have you as my SIL but also to call you friend.

Lotsa love and hugs.

Gail

Anonymous said...

Cath you know I lurk on your Blog.... And I come out from behind the screen now to say how happy I am that you realise that you are a wonderful wonderful caring person who is kind and very loveable... About time you were able to say it out loud.... The time's we have meet face to face (showed me that you really are a sweet person even when we didn't get to speak much)and that is why I still lurk.... I wish you this sort of happiness xxx Enjoy life you deserve it Cath xxx

hug Lucy xxxx