BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

True friends

You know there is a saying that a friend is there for the good times but a true friend stays around for the bad and I must say I have found this to be so true.

The last few days have been horrid. We got a call to say Stuart (Tony's brother) had a heart attack friday night. This was a major heart attack and he was transferred to St George by helicopter in the early hours of Saturday morning. We then got a call at 4.30am sunday morning to say he had deteriorated and they were calling the family in. So Tony, Gail, Davina, Stephen and Philip drove up to the hospital.

He really has had a hard time of it. He had a triple bypass, was ventilated, then had a tamponade or similar, had to have his chest re opened. Was put on a heart/lung machine, put on dialysis and his kidneys failed and was put in a drug induced coma.

He is now in a stable condition and has just been transferred to St Vincents hospital.

Anyway in the midst of all this I found out who my true friends were. They sent messages to let know they were thinking of me and just having that support meant a lot. To Jane, Cass and Sandra thank you so much you have no idea how much I appreciate your friendship.

I ask that you keep Stuart and his family in your thoughts and keep praying for him.

4 comments:

Cass said...

Ecclesiastes 4:9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
10 If one falls down, his friend can help him up.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm here if you need anything, just call.

Karen L said...

Cath - just want to let you know that we are praying for Stuart here also and for his family but particularly for Simone as well.
Lots of hugs coming your way.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you and the family Cath xxx Caring thoughts and all the luck in the world for Stuart xxx

Sandra Allan said...

I think i have a vague idea... perhaps just as much as your friend ship means to me... you know what my thoughts are on this... :)

I will always be there to lend an ear, hand, shoulder, help you find your way or pick you up... what ever it is that you may need...
Love you girl.
xxx