BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 16, 2008

The evening

After the craft show we headed back to the motel and checked in (eventually ggrrrrr to useless check in staff!) then sat and had Tim tams and champagne whilst we got ready to go out. Spent too much time sitting and chatting that it was 7:30 before we headed out for dinner so instead of going to Baia and relaxing as I had been looking forward to we just ducked into one of the little places at Darling Harbour and had a quick meal which was very basic -although we did sit and check out all the people wandering by (I just have to say these people wandering around are getting younger and younger - don't know how their mothers let them out the house without supervision - ~L~ or maybe I'm just getting old) before going up to Star City to see the show.

We met Davina, Stephen, Beth and Mark just inside the door (literally) of the theatre and had a chat before Jane and I headed down to our seats (in Row A). Rocky Horror was a great show! I loved it! The cast would walk down off stage regularly (although having the aisle seat I kept getting strange men running their hands through my hair as they walked past!) and it was just a fun show. We even did the Time Warp at the end (well nearly everyone - the guy in front of us stayed sitting the whole time!) and I did that with one of the cast dancing along beside me.

After the show Jane and I headed to Cockle Bay to the Lindt shop for dessert! Yummy, yummy coffee and I had a cherry chocolate cheesecake and Jane had a brownie. mmmmmmmm.

Then we wandered back around cockle bay and through Darling Harbour (and past the remnants of an "incident" - all we saw were flasihing police lights and crime tape!) and back to the hotel.

Then Sunday we had brekky at Darling Harbour and went to Paddy's Markets where ~ wait for it ~ I bought a handbag!!!! Bet you didn't see that coming. lol

All in all a great weekend. Pity Kathy couldn't make it but hopefully next time! Oh and SJ and Cass!

2 comments:

Cass said...

I was there in thought. :)

Haylee said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I would love to see Rocky Horror. Not sure bout the strange men running theit hands through your hair though!