BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 02, 2008

First day

So much news to share!

Have had such a mad week. So much emotion crammed into a short space of time.

Firstly Stuart is doing okay. He is still in St Vincents and still has a long way to go but he is responding to people and that is a good sign.

Second, I have spent the last few days away at a scrapping retreat which has been uplifting and very hard at the same time. It was great to get away with these girls and relax and chat (Cass and I were up till 3am but it was so great to just sit and share) but at the same time it was extremely hard for me to be away from Tony at this time. I must admit I found some times a big struggle and would just disappear, gather my thoughts, sort myself out and then jump back in again. Will post more about the retreat once I get pics sorted.

Third, Wow today was opening day at the surgery. Things went fairly smoothly. Still a lot to be sorted and organised and I must admit I am not feeling too calm about things at the moment but hopefully things will settle in to place soon.

I am so thankful for my friends at the moment. I had my big offload to Cass on the weekend. Jane turned up at work this morning with a box of choccies to welcome the new practice and then tonight I find an email from Sandra just checking in and letting me know she cares - oh and that she is totally insane - she even offered to have my kids so Tony and I could have some "us" time - she must be mad! (although the kids would love it!) ~L~ It's just lovely to know that they think about Tony and I and care about us.

3 comments:

Cass said...

Hey there! I had a fantastic time with you on the weekend. Thank you for the early morning share-each-others-burdens chat session. Love ya lots!

KAYCEE said...

yeah i have had one of those weeks too, but we have to accept what is happening and move on. Thanks heaps for ringing during the week checking upon me i really needed it. love ya fav. neice kase

Sandra Allan said...

Hey there angel-girl... You know... even though i may be declared entirely insane by you for such an offer, it is one that i will not take back. I know the kids would love it.. the offer is there should you need it. ~Hugs~
Im so glad that Stuart is doing better.. what a huge relief ... though, i totally understand the long road he still has ahead of him.
Love you girl.
Sandra.
xxxx