BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

What a small world

I was blown away today. You know how the world seems a small place and you always seem to run into someone you know or someone who grew up where you did etc etc. Well today I had this bought back to me in a massive way.

I had lunch with my mother today....yes I know we lived in the same house - thats not the coincidence I'm talking about here..... Anyway we were discussing my weekend away and I was explaining the property to her and "scary driveway" and where it was and the view etc when she stopped and said to me "Was that place called Melross?" When I confirmed it was she was amazed. It turns out that years ago when they first came out from England and settled on the Highlands her dad was offered a job as farm manager of that property!! They lived there briefly before Nana decided she really wasn't happy with scary bridge and the creek all the way around the property as she was panicking about being trapped there when the causeway went under in the big rains.

How freaky is that. I was explaining this beautiful place to my mother and it turns out it has family history. We have both spent time there!!!! Oh and then to top it off I ran in to someone I haven't seen for about 15 years and we have plans for a cuppa and catch up tomorrow. They have kids in the same year as Tasha at Illaroo

2 comments:

miss~nance said...

OH wow Cathy thats quite amazing.

Hope you enjoyed your cuppa and meet up with your friend.

Haylee said...

Wow that is all very amazing! It's funny all the connections we find around us, many surprising ones at that.